I had a long break from writing entries for
this blog but I had a writer’s block and to be honest it’s still here but the
other night something happened to me and I just feel like I have to share this
experience.
I visited a friend on Sunday and I took the
train back home. It wasn’t late … just around 7pm and they were a lot of people
around. When I left the station I noticed two young girls kind of hanging
around there. One of them was wearing a fake beard… probably that’s the only
reason why they caught my attention.
Thy started following me and at every
street light they came oddly close to my bag and I was all the time thinking
what is wrong with them…
For 15 min that went on. Then when I was
nearly home they started talking with me. At this point no one was around
anymore. Asking what phone I have… I acted like I couldn’t understand them and
turned the corner into my street. Then it kind of escalated … the one girl
pushed me against the wall of a house and strangled me with one hand… I was
just so shocked that this is happening right now. The girl was saying something
about counting till five… the other girl with the fake beard acted like she had
a gun in her pocket what she obviously didn’t had. After all we are in England
and not in America…
The one who strangled me needed the other
hand to cover her mouth because she was laughing. They were trying to rob me
but weren’t able to stay serious!
Maybe that was the reason why all of a
sudden I got confident again … I told them that “I’m not going to give them my
f*cking phone”. Then I pushed the girl who had her hand on my throat away. She
then kicked me in the guts so I started screaming. I run away and when I turned
around I saw them disappearing behind the corner …
I was shaking and crying when I entered the
house… I can’t really remember how I opened the door or what was happening… I
just remember my host dad trying to calm me down and that he called the police.
They asked some questions on the phone and in about 10 min they were already at
our house asking even more questions. What happened, how the girls looked, what
I remembered, how I feel,…
It was a horrible experience for me and I think
I’ve never been this scared before! The feeling of being totally helpless and
those girls just laughing and thinking this all is a joke is what makes me feel
sick about all of this the most.
Of course things like that and even worse
stuff happen all around the world but I never thought I would became a victim
of it…
Looking back I think the best thing I did
was to give those girls some attitude back and of course screaming. If you ever
get in a situation like that (what I really hope you won’t) try to stay
confident and don’t show that you are scared! Try to scream and to get peoples attention.
And if you have the feeling someone is
following you look out for other people around and just walk straight up to
them and tell then you think someone is following you and ask for their help.
Our society might be messed up but I’m sure (or at least I really hope so) most
of the people wouldn’t hesitate a second to help you!
♥!
AntwortenLöschen(Ich finde es unheimlich toll und vor allem mutig, dass du darüber schreibst.)